MINUTES OF SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE CUMBERLAND COUNTY CHESS CLUB OCTOBER 20,2012
A special meeting of the Board of Directors of the Cumberland County Chess Club was held at the offices of Harry Sabine, 290 Thurman Avenue, Crossville, Tennessee, on Saturday, October 20, 2012, at 2:00 P.M. Present were Susan Houston, Harry D. Sabine, Alan Kantor, Chris Obenberger, Bill Davis, and Luke Weishaar. Absent were Charlotte Carter and Jay Sabine.
(1) President Houston called the meeting to order at 2:00 P.M.
(2) On motion by Bill Davis and seconded by Chris Obenberger, the minutes of the Board of Directors meeting held on June 10, 2011, were approved.
(3) On motion by Harry Sabine, Luke Weishaar was elected as the Junior Member.
(4) President Susan Houston gave a report.
(5) As Charlotte Carter was absent there was no Vice President’s report.
(6) Secretary-Treasurer Harry Sabine presented the financial report for the Fall Open.
(7) Scholastic Coordinator Alan Kantor reported that he had presented a proposal to the Director of Schools regarding scholastic programs in all Cumberland County Schools. At this time there had been no response to his chess proposal for the schools.
(8) Senior Coordinator Bill Davis reported that John Paty had won a tournament held at the Fairfield Glade Club.
(9) Internet Coordinator Chris Obenberger discussed the changes needed for our web site.
On motion by Alan Kantor and seconded by Harry Sabine it was agreed that the host of our web site would be changed to KVC Hosting, free site C. On motion by Susan Houston and seconded by Alan Kantor it was agreed that Susan Houston, Harry Sabine and Chris Obenberger would be designated to be the persons with access to the site.
On motion by Chris Obenberger and seconded by Harry Sabine it was agreed to keep the domain names cumberlandcountychess.org and cumberlandcountychess.com and to let all other names reserved by the club to lapse.
(10) Junior Member Luke Weishaar gave a report.
(11) The election of a Publicity Coordinator was discussed with no results.
(12) Flyers were given out for the 2012 County Scholastics and the County Championship.
(13) On motion by Harry Sabine and seconded by Chris Obenberger the budget for 2013 open tournaments was adopted. Dates were announced for all open tournaments for 2013 as well as the county scholastics and county championship.
(14) The Senior Open for 2013 was discussed. It was agreed that the Board members should all make every effort to get more participation.
(15) The chess library was discussed, and it was agreed that Susan Houston and Alan Kantor would meet on Friday, October 26th, at 5:30 PM at Harry Sabine’ Office to complete an inventory of all materials.
(16) Harry Sabine announced that numerous used trophies were on hand, and it was agreed to discuss what to do with them at the next meeting.
(17) It was agreed to schedule the next meeting of the Board for Saturday, January 5, 2013, at 9:00 AM, at 290 Thurman Avenue, Crossville, Tennessee.
There being no further business, on motion by Chris Obenberger seconded by Alan Kantor, the meeting was adjourned at 4:45 P.M.
Harry D. Sabine
Susan Houston, President